Sydney Wedding Florist Top Tips
Our top tips as a Sydney Wedding Florist for planning your wedding day flowers
1. You don't have to have all the details figured out to get in touch. We've managed over a hundred weddings and are familiar with the venues in our area. We will guide you through colour palates, what's in season and options that will suit your vision and your budget. The process of planning your flowers can be easy.
2. Weddings are a celebration of both of you as a couple and planning should be fun. We know sometimes, for some couples it doesn't feel like fun and so if at any time in the planning of your wedding you feel overwhelmed or need a break we are just a call or email away and we can help you to simplify to leave the overwhelm behind.
3. Set a budget for your florals. Setting a budget helps us to give you options that best fit your budget and to outline which elements are worth investing in and which ones you can leave out, we can also help you stick to your budget.
4. Flowers are a wonderful way to add personal touches to your day – considering colours and tones that are beyond your broader wedding colour palette can add interest and depth.
5. Rules? We are loving that there are no rules for wedding flowers anymore. Focus on what is most important to you on the day and only include floral elements that compliment your day, rather than pieces you think you need to have.
6. We recommend dreaming up an overall aesthetic for your day rather than including particular flower varieties that you have your heart set on. Flowers are hugely dependent the season, long loved flowers, for example, such as Peonies, are only available for a few weeks in the year. While as a Sydney Wedding Florist we always pre-order with our favourite growers, we can never guarantee specific blooms and in some cases where we know there will be limited supply we will work with you to have a plan B. To get the most from our teams expertise, leave it up to us to choose these best of the blooms at the markets for your wedding day.
7. When it comes to your budget, we suggest including a few statement pieces along with your Bridal party and ceremony arrangements rather than having a host of smaller elements scattered across your day.
8. Floral design is an art and we put our heart and soul into creating the florals for your day. Choose a Sydney Wedding Florist you trust, whose work you love. Trusting your florist will allow you to be open to their suggestions and be relaxed in the lead up to your day. Every designer is different but we like seeing a small collection of reference photos that we talk through with you to help us design your florals for your day.
9. Atmosphere is so important for the reception. As the sun sets, if your venue allows, don't underestimate the warmth, intimacy and romance that candlelight will bring to your reception space.
10. Use Pinterest and wedding blog images as a guide. Many images are heavily edited and don't always reflect the true tones of the flowers and foliage in them. Flower availability and variety in Australia is also a fraction of what's available in North America and Europe. We will always let you know if the tones are not quite right or the flowers you like in a particular image are not available her and we will suggest alternatives for you to consider.
Bonus tip....If you are yet to lock in your date try to avoid the fortnight either side of Valentines Day and Mother's Day. Flower costs at the markets increase by 20-30% a few weeks over these two periods as growers try and keep up with demand. If you can't avoid this period you will need to consider increasing your floral budget or adjusting the types of designs and abundance used to create them.